Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Testimony by David Chua (RCIA St Mary's Cathedral, Sandakan)

I am David Chua. I grew up in a Christian family of other denomination. I strived to live in accordance with the teaching of my church yet I do not really understand the Christian way of life. I joined my community to preach from house to house without faith or knowledge but as a responsibility and obligation to my community to pass God’s Words to others. My personal faith was not growing.
Later as I joined the RCIA, learning and understanding the Catholic Faith, I found out many differences in the teaching and practices of my previous religion and the Catholics. It was hard for me in the beginning as I was confused as to which is the correct way to serve God. 
The RCIA programme has helped me to understand better about God and the way to serve HIM through our love, compassion and help for others. I also learnt that God has a role and purpose in our life.  My faith is much strengthened as I journeyed on.  I am committed to serve God in all circumstances for God so loved the world that He gave HIS only begotten Son, so that all who believe in HIM may not perish, but may have eternal life (John 3:16). I will dedicate my life for Him.
Through the RCIA sessions my faith has taken root and is well grounded. I am deeply moved simply understanding how loving and caring our God is.  I personally felt that God has touched me and I find changes within myself.  The facilitators’ personal life experiences; the sharing of God’s mercies and wonders, the ways and how that had affected their lives and transformed their faith into action made me understand that “for faith without deeds : it is totally dead.” (James 2:17)
Alleluia, Alleluia the Lord is indeed risen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent