Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

More Testimonies by Neophytes from HTC Tawau

Annelyn Rosal Quindiangan


My name is Annelyn and I’m 26 yrs old. I was born in a Catholic family and was baptized at a very young age but I never knew about my own religion. My knowledge was very shallow and so was my faith of being a Catholic. My parents have tried their best to encourage and sent me to church to attend the Sunday school when I was 11 years old but I stopped attending in the middle of the year after I found the class was so boring and I didn’t  understand anything.

Despite all the wasting years that I have spent in my life, I believe that God has His own plan for me. Whatever the plan is, I have to find out. I still remember those days when some of my friends who were of different faith have asked me, what do I believe as a Christian and I don’t know how to answer them. I was so ashamed that I knew nothing about my own religion. Then I came to realize that all this while I’ve been straying too far from the Lord and I decided that I must learn to know about what I believed and  the Catholic teaching.  But still I don’t know how to begin with.

One day I met a friend whose  spiritual life is strong and I often see her on Sunday mass. I began to share my problems with her and told her that I haven’t received the Sacrament of Confirmation and First Holy communion. Then she told me to enrol in the RCIA program in order to receive the sacraments. With the encouragement and support of my family and friends, I decided to join the program.






My journey in RCIA began last year with an introduction and some explanation about the process. The lessons that follows were more interesting. We shared about our life openly which I have never done before and most importantly we learn about the Word of God and Jesus' teaching.

We learn a lot, especially the prayers, by not just memorising but also understanding the meaning of each and every word of the prayer. I never knew that all the prayers have a deeper meaning and it touches me whenever I recite it. I really pondered it in my heart and mind so that I know what I pray for and I really mean what I say in my prayer. We also learn to understand about the 7 sacraments of the church and why it is important for us to receive it. And the 10 commandments, which I never like to know especially memorising it. But now it becomes my favourite topic in the RCIA.

I was inspired by our facilitator who never stop encouraging us to come for the class and to learn more about Jesus and His teaching. There are times when only 1 candidate attended the class. I couldn’t be more thankful to God for He has given us a very dedicated facilitator. They have been doing their best to make sure that we really know and understand the topics given. I hope that they will always have the same spirit that inspired others to be the instruments of God.

I praise and thank God for the chance given to me to be able to learn and to know more about Him and to get closer as we walk along our journey in RCIA and the journey of our life. As for me, I pray that my journey will continue in RCIA for the hope of becoming a facilitator and to share my faith with others and to join other ministries and the activities of the church.

May I continue to Praise and Thank God for the wonderful blessings that he poured upon me.

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent