Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, July 24, 2015

My Call to Formation and Mission ~ Jellferlyne Joseph


“Wisdom begins when you sincerely want to learn. To desire wisdom is to love her” Wisdom 6:17. There is still so much to learn. I said “Yes” to the formation in the Institute of Formation, Fondacio Asia (IFFAsia) in the Philippines for the one year program. I want to build a strong foundation of my personal relationship with God so that fears will no longer become the barrier for me to move forward and beyond my comfort zone. I would like to improve and gain more knowledge and skills in order to respond to the modern day’s challenges and issues as a disciple of God. I believe that in order to become effective and efficient I need to experience a holistic learning; spiritually, mentally and emotionally.


I could not agree more that IFFAsia is the right place for me to be transformed, to expand and to improve my capabilities and also to develop myself as an effective leader. I hope to be mentally and emotionally prepared to share the Christian values and the Good News. This is the Light, light of hope to make a positive difference in the life of the people I will reach out to. I would like to embrace this opportunity that has been granted me. I am determined to achieve my mission of being transformed into someone who is more courageous, ready for challenges, vision oriented, focused and energized, and most importantly to have a strong faith in God.



Today’s realities are getting even more challenging and more difficult to live the word of God. I believe if I allow myself to go through the formation process, I will be better prepared for His mission. As a follower of Christ, I am called to make a difference in people's life, a new life contributing to the vision of being a participatory church. I want to share the little talents that I have received for the betterment of the community.


Let us rouse ourselves and go forward!. No small corner of the earth should hold us back.You will go forth and pitch your tents on distant shores, from one end of the earth to the other. One town, one foundation would not satisfy your zeal. It must embrace the whole world.”- St. Mary Euphrasia -


In solidarity
In IFFAsia, we are encouraged to find partners to journey with us in the formation year to achieve our Mission that we will be doing for our community. I would like to invite you to join me in prayers and any financial support that you can offer for this mission to develop young leaders for the church through IFFAsia. I believe, your kindness and generosity will help us make our dream come true; the dream that God dreams in us.


Jefferlyne of IFFAsia Batch 9 will join 19 others in the Mission Internship Project to Thailand from 23rd September to 17th October, themed 'Let Your Light Shine : Action Against Human Trafficking.' The project aims to show God's love to others through learning, sharing and raising awareness to the youth.

For further details on contribution to the mission, you may email to dospo1@gmail.com attention Shirley Joseph or Francis Tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent