by JCK ~ Soccom Tawau
Tawau : Some 130 parishioners participated in the three-day amazing Lenten Retreat, jointly organized by the Kota Kinabalu Archdiocesan Catholic Charismatic Renewal Team and the Catholic Charismatic Renewal Team of Holy Trinity Tawau from 30th March till 1st April 2012.
|Seated front row L-R : Daniel Kong and Anthony Lim, the main facilitators|
The session began with the screening of 'The Passion of the Christ', a moving and touching movie, acknowledged by participants as a 'gift' of God to mankind. It is a movie about God's unconditional and boundless love, hope, faith and forgiveness. Jesus, send by God the Father came to live among us, suffered for all of us and died for all mankind in order to redeem us. The message is clear that we could all use a little more love, faith, hope and forgiveness that the world would be a much better place for all to dwell.
The 'Passion of the Christ' is not a shameful scene, not simply of death or condemnation but symbolizes 'victory and salvation' for all mankind. However, our unfaithfulness and our sinful nature in our daily living are the reasons that 'we put Him on the Cross.'
Messages derived from reflection and discernment during the retreat;
- That God’s Precious Blood which has been poured to us for the forgiveness of Sin was given freely to all human kind. Could we waste it for nothing? For because of our many sins we have been part of the course of tremendous suffering that Christ went through.
- The sin of envy can lead to hatred, jealously, selfishness as how it happened to the Jews and the high priest in rejecting Christ. Result of evil leads to a greater evil. Let us control our sin rather than we be controlled by sin.
- Embracing our own Cross is an act of praying. The most wonderful strength that Christ has shown to us is to carry our cross faithfully for no suffering is wasted if it is associated with God’s suffering. Carrying our cross is the path to integrity, authenticity as disciples of Christ.
- God wants to use us more and more. We need to submit to God and allow our emptiness be filled with the strength of God. God in us and we in God.
- Real conversion will happen when we set our eyes and hearts upon Jesus, when we encounter Him face to face, enduring each moment and never turning away from Him. We will never want to give a glance to the devil but look faithfully to the Father, trusting fully in God.
|Personal sharing on the Passion of the Christ; top : Julita and bottom : John|
Through the Passion which Christ bear, showing that His Power is shown in His powerlessness, undergoing the beating, mocking, crowning with thorns, the scourging and carrying the cross ~ all for only one reason, to give us 'Love' that we may be free from the slavery of sin and become His loving children.
|More personal sharings : Top : Edward and bottom : Jocelyn|
For Christ said, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.' John 14 : 6
|Group photo after the end of the retreat|