Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, September 4, 2014

My experience in Asian Youth Day 6 - South Korea

By Odongoo Jargalsaikhan @ Anna
Compiled by DOSPO, SANDAKAN
My name is Odongoo Jargalsaikhan and my baptismal name is Anna. I am from Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. I was baptized two years ago and I am the only Catholic in my family. I am 22 years old and currently studying medical research-molecular biology. 

First of all, I would like to thank our loving God and our Parish Priest, Fr. Francesco Hur Wong for giving me the opportunity to join Asian Youth Day (AYD 6). My personal drive, participating in AYD6 was to have Catholic friends from other countries in Asia, so that we can share our faith experience. At the same time, I wanted to see and learn about the Korean church and lastly, to visit and experience South Korea.
Before coming to Korea, I was worried that my family would not allow me to join AYD since I am the only Catholic in the family. Many said, "do not judge a book by it's cover;" sure enough, my family and friends, not only consented but gave their full support.

During AYD, God spoke to me through the homily of Pope Francis during the Closing Mass in Haemi Castle. At first, I was not able to understand the whole homily and I was worried on how I could apply the teaching offered in AYD. However God spoke to me, "Follow me, do not be afraid". I am now more confident to share my experience and the new learning I acquired during my stay in Korea.  
I experienced happiness and joy during my stay in Korea for I could feel the presence of our Lord during that period of time. It is a wonderful and a very memorable time in AYD6. Even though, the Catholic church in Mongolia is only 21 years old with some 1,000 members, I am happy and proud to be a young Catholic believer. Do pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent