Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Friday, February 8, 2013

Post Mortem and Thanksgiving - Youth Leader's Camp II 2013

DSst
Tawau : The second Youth Leader's Camp has come to an end. It is a camp where youth leaders from the four parishes in the Diocese of Sandakan came together; to rediscover, renew and reconnect to our faith. The five days and 4 nights event has indeed refreshed, recharged and re-energized all young leaders of the diocese. A total of 97 participants from across the four parishes participated in the camp. We were also blessed to have the Chairmen / representatives of the four Parish Pastoral Councils, religious sisters, seminarians and priests who came to lend us support.
A post-mortem and thanksgiving gathering of the team was held on Sunday, February 3rd, 2013  at the Parish Conference Room of Holy Trinity Church, Tawau. The post-mortem commenced at 1.00 pm with an Opening Prayer led by Anna Teresa, followed by the tabling of reports by each working committee. However, the post-mortem this time around was a little different; instead of giving comments and focusing on weaknesses, each and everyone in the team affirmed one other. 
Roland : "I learned how to communicate
 with other leaders and the team gave me
 motivation and encouragement."
Jocarlyn : "I discover myself more and I 
learned about time management, 
budgeting and to be more focus."
Hilda : "I discover many new things about myself
and now 
I dare to voice out my thoughts."
Jack : "Being in the team has taught me to be 
more open and accept each other as partners"
Felsa May (Youth Coordinator - Tawau) : "I am 
challenged to get out of my comfort zone and relying 
on God I believe and trust that I can do it! "
After hearing from each one, Rev Fr David A. Garaman, the Spiritual Adviser said that he was very grateful to all members of the team. He also reminded us that there must be a follow-up after YLCII and told us not to worry because he believed that the parish priest from each parish will give their full support to the youths.
Anna Teresa, the Youth Coordinator for the Diocese of Sandakan extended her sincere appreciation to everyone for accepting the challenge to be part of the organizing team. 'Everyone has his/her first time in undertaking commitment in the ministry. I don't have to worry about anything. I learn to listen and to let go. I can also feel the closeness. If there is no relationship, nothing will happen and today we will not  be  discouraged through criticism from others. We all have each other.' To close the post-mortem session, we prayed the Sandakan Diocesan Youth Apostolate's Prayer.
After the fruitful session, the team went to watch a movie together with Rev Fr David A. Garaman, Seminarian Christopher Ireneus and the youths from the Chinese Community. The light, cozy and informal get together strengthened our bonding. The evening ended with a dinner fellowship at the rectory. Also present was Msgr Nicholas Ong, the rector of Holy Trinity Parish.
We sincerely want to thank everyone for the wonderful and rich experience. We appreciate your commitment and with your helpful collaboration we have lifted our young leaders to another level. See you all in the 3rd Youth Leader's Camp (YLCIII) and let's meet in our prayer!
We would like to thank all parishioners from all four parishes who have supported us through prayers, financially and materially. Thank you for journeying with us and God bless!
'Faithful friends are beyond price; no amount can balance their worth' - Sirach 6:15

1 comment:

  1. I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me
    to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your theme?
    Exceptional work!

    Feel free to visit my blog ... huperzine-A

    ReplyDelete

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent