Pusat Kebajikan Good Shepherd
Pusat Kebajikan Good Shepherd (PKGS), the official welfare arm of the Congregation of the Religious Good Shepherd Sisters (RGS) is a not-for-profit NGO. It has, on the 24th May 2010 officially established the Seri Murni Crisi Centre (SMCC) in the Diocese of Sandakan.
The focus of PKGS is to make visible the mercy and forgiving love of God,especially to those who are marginalized and broken, especially women, girls and their families, restoring in them their worth and dignity. They reach out and welcome each person with respect and dignity, accompanying each one with care and compassion.
Seri Murni Crisis Center, offers a safe haven and temporary shelter for women and girls in crisis situations such as;
- Women, mothers and their children who are experiencing abuse in their relationships or through domestic/family violence
- Teenage girls/women in pregnancy who are unwed or in crisis
- Women experiencing conflict in their marriage
- Women in personal or family difficulties
- Survivors/victims of rape or assault
The Crisis Center offers the following programs where persons can experience healing and recovery of their worth and dignity and gradually be empowered to manage and take responsibility for their own lives, and to integrate with their families and the wider community;
- Protection and a temporary safe home
- Counseling and support
- Group living where residents learn to relate to one another and manage differences in positive and healthy ways
- Life skill program teaches residents independent living skills such as coking, housework, sewing, grooming and other skills as necessary
- Self development programs such as basic computer skills, handicraft, and language literacy program.
Currently, the Crisis Center can accommodate up to 10 distressed women or girls at any one time. Those in need of help may call the following staff at 013-5544775 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.