Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

IFFAsia Launching Mass and Fellowship

 BY JELLFERLYNE JOSEPH DIPAL
Group Photo after Fellowship
Quezon City : Fifteen students of IFFAsia Batch 9, coming from across Asia attended the Launching Mass for the School Year 2015 at the Chapel, Radio Varitas Asia on Saturday, 14th February 2015. The new batch consists of students from eight countries; China, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam. On this day, we made our Rite of Commitments to the Lord witnessed by more than 50 people who came to lend support.
Participants from Sabah
L-R : Imelda, Amylyn Bihin and Jellferlyne Joseph 
The theme for the Launching is 'Live Christ! Share Christ.' It is the call from the Catholic Bishops’ Conference of the Philippines (CBCP) Pastoral Exhortation on the Era of New Evangelization for the Year of the Poor, 2015.
By participating in the Launching Mass with friends from different parts of Asia, I felt much blessed, so loved by the Lord for He has chosen me to be part of the 9th batch. 
Apart from that, I was touched, moved and inspired by Pope Francis during the Youth Encounter in University Santo Thomas, Philippines, Jan 18 2015. I believed, in this time of my journey, Jesus is inviting me to find answers to these questions that Pope Francis posed during his visit;
1.      Have I learned how to weep?
2.      You and your friends help others but do you allow yourselves to receive?
3.      Have I learned how to beg? Or am I self-sufficient?
4.      Do you know your own poverty and your need to receive?
5.      Do you ask the poor to give you the wisdom they have?
“The most important subject to learn in university is to learn how to love.” – Pope Francis
Friends from Vietnam, China, Mongolia and Philippines
This special and precious call has indeed awakened me. The call to spread and share the Father's love will unite all people and bring forth peace.  It prompted me to move forward to share that love. I am beginning to have a different perspective in life, centered on love. I am grateful to God for all the blessings that God has showered upon me. 

I believe this academic year will give me a lot of surprises, like what Pope Francis said, 'God reveal himself through surprises.' I am ready. I am ready and will be more courageous to “Live Christ!” and “Share Christ!”
I thank you for your prayers and support. Let us always unite in prayer for our family and community, ministries, the people we serve, especially the poor.

1 comment:

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent