Search This Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, April 26, 2012

My journey in the RCIA process


My name is Frankie Tsang Tsun Wai. I am here to tell my experience about the RCIA process in St Mary's Cathedral, Sandakan. In the past 33 years, although I was born and brought up in a Buddhist family, religion was never an issue to me. I used to believe that a person's life is controlled by the individual himself; what a person gets is through what a person plans to get. Life is within our control. After the RCIA process, my thought has changed.
I understand now, a person’s  life is not as simple as I thought it was.
Regrettably, after the first few lessons of the RCIA process, I felt reluctant to attend. There appeared an inner voice within me urging me to journey along the path of God. I continued and eventually grew much attached to it.
Gradually, I started to pray. I found some of the things I prayed for came true. God has not allowed everything I prayed for to come true. There must be a reason for it.  Thank you Lord, for guiding me throughout the journey, rough at times and giving me a chance to grow and be strong.
Another thing I want to share is about the “Tambunan Retreat” I attended along with fellow catechumens and animators. It was an AMAZING experience! I will never forget the experience of the healing session. I must admit that I was a little uncomfortable of people speaking in tongues. Thank you Lord for letting me experience the power of Retreat.  I experienced the presence of God in my life and was really touched.
Life is now so meaningful as a baptized Catholic. I want to extend my appreciation to all animators for all that they had done for me during my journey in the RCIA process.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CATHOLIC APOLOGETICS

New Advent